INGRID NILSEN COMING OUT

6/09/2015


You might know Ingrid Nilsen from Youtube, or from her term as judge on Project Runway: Threads or you might be one of her 3 million subscribers, watching her videos for the past years. She's one of the go to youtube stars to check out about the new trends in fashion and in the industry. 


I admit, I wasn't really expecting her to be gay. It wasn't obvious because of the way she dress or puts on makeup. I always have pictured her as a girly girl with a corky personality. 

I was just scrolling through Facebook when I came across this article from seventeen magazine about her coming out. At first I thought it was a joke. "There's something i want you to know and that something is Im gay" she starts of with the vdieo, then she started crying and that made me start to be believe her. I thought, O shit, this is really happening, Its true. 

Of course I was shocked, who wouldn't, but it didn't made me hate her as a matter of fact I was proud of her. It was really a heart whelming video. You can really feel it took lots of courage and bravery to talk to her viewers who has been with her in this journey. 

In this video she talked about how and when she knew she was gay, how she grew up being different and confused, what it was like to date men and how everyone took it. 

"This is not something that I chose," she explained. "This is something that's a part of me and has always been a part of me."

I just want to say, Im proud of you Ingrid for choosing to be who you are. I can say you are divergent. haha that may sound random but here, You are Brave, for coming out of that wall and facing your fear. You are Honest, for coming out in general. You are Selfless because you thought of everyone that you might be hurting and telling them the truth because they deserve to know the truth and have a full life and love. You are kind, kind to yourself for giving yourself a chance to live for the first time in your life to be the true you. Lastly for being smart because of all this in general, for what you did to people thats close to you, to us, your viewers and for yourself. You inspired a lot of people for doing this. I can't wait for your next video. 







You Might Also Like

0 (mga) puna

Instagram

Pinterest

//]]>